Sidor

Monday, September 15, 2014

Daily Bookish Challenges | Day Two: Monday, September 15

Introduce us to your favorite author and their books!

I have two favorite authors, and to try to choose between the two of them would just be cruel, so I'm going to talk about the one I discovered first.

Dean Koontz--
I started reading Dean Koontz in middle school. My sixth grade teacher, Shelley Cain, read Watchers to us, after reading herself first and highlighting the parts that weren't appropriate for a group of fifth and sixth graders. I'd found my favorite genre: thrillers. Some of Koontz's books are supernatural, and some are just plain weird, but they're all suspenseful and I love that in a book! If you're new to Koontz's writing and/or the genre, I would read either The Taking or Watchers first, because those two really highlight his writing style and they're so good! The Husband is great also, and it's not supernatural-y, so that's a good place to start if you want something more realistic. I actually have signed copies of The Taking and The Husband. I wrote him a letter (as I do every author I read), and he replied with a nice letter and signed copies of two of the books I mentioned in his letter. I was so excited, I almost cried.

He has far too many books to list (over 70 books, not including those he co-wrote or wrote under a pen name), so I'm just going to list my favorites!

  • The Taking
  • Watchers
  • The Husband
  • The Face
  • Sole Survivor
  • Whispers
  • Odd Thomas [I never finished this because it was on my kindle, but I'm going to buy it soon]
If you like thrillers, definitely check out his books. He's been compared to Stephen King (some people say that Koontz rips off King's writing style all the time), but I think his books are easier to read than Stephen King's books are, so I enjoy them a little more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim