Sidor

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Book Review: The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle


My Rating: 

Genre: Young Adult

Plot: Wren has spent her entire life pleasing people. Her choices weren't her own, ever. Toward the end of high school, she realizes that it no longer makes her happy to please other people (her parents), and she decides to start making choices for herself, even though it's far out of her comfort zone. Charlie has always known what he wants, and he loved Wren as soon as he first laid eyes on her. They're two different kids from two very different pasts, but together, they make an amazing pair. What will the first summer out of high school bring for Wren and Charlie, and how will Wren handle finally being her own person?

Pros:
  • This. Book. Is. Lovely! I picked it up because it's so pretty. Every time I've seen it on tumblr, I've thought, Wow, I need to read that book! Look at the cover! So when I saw it on the shelf at the library, I had to get it. Yes I judge books by their covers. Then on the inside, there was a beautiful black page (black pages in books are so pretty), and each chapter started with a really pretty swirly design. It was just so aesthetically pleasing!
  • It gave me a lot of feels. Wren and Charlie are a great couple,
  • Charlie is sensitive. Normally in books, guys with troubled pasts like his are douchecanoes, but Charlie was sweet.
  • Tessa is such a great best friend!
  • The ending made me really happy!
  • I read it in like 10 hours so that's cool.
  • The first quote I list below. It's so great.
Cons: 
  • The dialog in the first half was awful. I "stopped" reading this book like four times because I just couldn't do it. I think maybe it's because it's a different dialect of English? I'm not sure but it really made me cringe. Like who says "Wassup" and "hells yeah"? No one, that's who. At least not unironically. 
  • Starrla or whatever her name was (I don't have the book so I can't check). She was a twat.
  • Wren's drunk texts were weird.
  • It was really hard to read at first.
Favorite Quotes:
  • “It's what you feel, and guess what? Feelings are like three-year-olds. They're not rational. They're just there.” 
  • “You're saying the mysteries are worth examining, even if they're too big to be understood. That maybe they're bound to be too big to understand, but that doesn't take anything away from them, and in fact just adds to their beauty.” 
My Thoughts: This book was just ok. I totally wasn't expecting the sexy stuff to happen so explicitly (totally not a spoiler because it says "steamy" in the cover description, which I didn't read), and that's not really my thing, but it worked for the book. I had a really, really hard time reading the first half of this book. The dialog, the flow, it was all just weird and I didn't like it. But the second half was really good. If sexy, steamy YA fluff is your thing, give it a try.

Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
Lauren Myracle


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim