Sidor

Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


Rating: 

Genre: Young Adult

Plot: Hadley is having a bad day. She is on her way to England, where her dad is marrying a woman she's never met; then she misses her flight. Just when it looks like things will never look up, she meets Oliver, a British boy who happens to be on her flight. They bond during the flight, but are separated as they enter the airport. Will Hadley and Oliver find each other? Is it meant to be?

Pros:
  • It was an easy read. And not in an "I'm so glad I was able to read this book quickly, because it sucked" way. It was just so quirky and interesting that I wanted to keep reading so I could find out what happened when Hadley and Oliver got off the plane.
  • Even though their relationship progressed very quickly, I loved the chemistry between Hadley and Oliver.
  • Parent-daughter relationships of any kind are important.
  • Hadley was a bookworm.
Cons:
  • I found a typo.
  • I feel like the book dwelt too much in the past (which ok it makes sense but there were just so many flashbacks).
Favorite Quotes:
  • “Love is the strangest, most illogical thing in the world.”
  • “There's a formula for how long it takes to get over someone, that it's half as long as the time you've been together.” 
  • “Hadley didn't know it was possible to miss someone who's only a few feet away, but there it is.” 
My Thoughts: This was a great book. I started it about a zillion years ago (ok, last year), back when I was still ok with downloading books illegally. When I came to my senses and started supporting the industry I plan to join, I deleted all of my illegal books off of my computer, and this book sat on my "currently reading" on Goodreads for a long time. But when I picked it up the other day from the library, it was like I'd never put it down. It was that easy to get back into, and that easy to reconnect with the characters. I actually cared for these characters, and that's a big deal. The end was great and made me really happy. I'm looking forward to reading more Jennifer E. Smith (Jennifer Smith? Not sure which is actually "proper") books soon!

Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
Jennifer E. Smith

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim