Genre: Young Adult Literature, Contemporary Literature, Short Stories
Plot: This book is composed of eighteen love stories. Not just romantic love, but all sorts of love. Each story is unique and brings a new string of emotions, and a crazy attachment to the characters in such a short number of pages.
- Short stories mean more variety
- These were all so stinking cute/emotional
- I was hooked after the first story
- There are so many different kinds of love, and this book covered so many of them
- I didn't want the stories to end!
- “I think one of the highest compliments you can give a person is that when you are talking to him, you are not thinking about the fact that you are talking to him. That is, your thoughts and words all exist on a single, engaged level. You are being yourself because you aren't bothering to think about who you should be. It is like when you talk in a dream.”
- “We always loved to say 'If I'd had a Monday-morning class, I never would have met you'. Or 'If you'd been reading something else, none of this would have happened'. We didn't believe in fate, but we believed in serendipity. We felt very lucky.”
- “Must interests be interesting? That is, must they be interesting to someone other than yourself?”
- “She wasn't pretty, but there were moments when I found her beautiful.”