Sidor

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling



My Rating: ★★★★★

Genre: Fantasy

Plot: As if the Quidditch World Cup being invaded by Death Eaters wasn't enough, Hogwarts hosts a dangerous, magical tournament, and fourth-year Harry's name is chosen. Thrust into this dangerous tradition, bound by a magical contract, Harry is isolated. His peers resent him and his best friend abandons him. But something even more dangerous is happening-- Lord Voldemort is regaining his strength. Follow Harry through his fourth year as his magical skills, friendships, and bravery are all tested.

Pros:
(There really are too many to list but I will try)

  • This is really the book where the characters grew with the audience, and the story went from lightheartedly scary to legitimately life-threatening, and it really showed that JKR wasn't afraid to up her game and get a little dark
  • Two words: Cedric Diggory
  • Romione
  • Stamps.
  • It had everything. Like there was so much content in this book: the World Cup, the Triwizard Tournament, the graveyard scene. But even though there was so much to the story, it wasn't excessive. It flows well and it keeps the reader turning pages.
  • The fact that Hermione is bullied really shows in this book, between Malfoy and Snape, and that's just so important to her character.
  • The Quidditch World Cup. 
  • Basically all of the book. 
  • So many other things but I can't even list them all

Cons:
  • Cedric died.

Favorite Quotes: 

  • “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” 
  • “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” 
  • “Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's hats.” 
  • “Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?” 
  • "Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" he asked calmly.
  • It won't let me copy and paste the entire book here...

My Thoughts:  This is something like the tenth time I've read this book. At least that many. I've always really loved this one, and it's tied with Half-Blood Prince for my favorite in the series. It's just so great. As I said above, there's so much content in this book, and it's an adventure from start to finish. I always get that magical, happy feeling of Christmas break and my childhood and happiness when I read a Potter book, and this is no exception, even with the heavier, darker things that happen in the story. I love all things Potter, and I'm so glad that these books are a part of my life.

Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
Our Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim