Sidor

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Book Review: How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan



My Rating: ★★★★☆

Genre: Young Adult Literature, Contemporary Literature, Short Stories

Plot: This book is composed of eighteen love stories. Not just romantic love, but all sorts of love. Each story is unique and brings a new string of emotions, and a crazy attachment to the characters in such a short number of pages.

Pros:
  • Short stories mean more variety
  • These were all so stinking cute/emotional
  • I was hooked after the first story
  • There are so many different kinds of love, and this book covered so many of them
Cons:
  • I didn't want the stories to end!
Favorite Quotes: 
  • “I think one of the highest compliments you can give a person is that when you are talking to him, you are not thinking about the fact that you are talking to him. That is, your thoughts and words all exist on a single, engaged level. You are being yourself because you aren't bothering to think about who you should be. It is like when you talk in a dream.” 
  • “We always loved to say 'If I'd had a Monday-morning class, I never would have met you'. Or 'If you'd been reading something else, none of this would have happened'. We didn't believe in fate, but we believed in serendipity. We felt very lucky.” 
  • “Must interests be interesting? That is, must they be interesting to someone other than yourself?” 
  • “She wasn't pretty, but there were moments when I found her beautiful.”
My Thoughts: So, so, so cute. I love short stories, but I kept wanting these stories to keep going. After the first story, I turned the page expecting a new chapter, and actually said, "NO!" out loud in front of people at work. The different types and expressions of love made this book complete, and it made me happy, weepy, etc., just the way it was meant to. I haven't been able to get into any of Levithan's other books, but this one is so great.

Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
David Levithan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim