Sidor

Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars (on goodreads I rated it a 4, because I can't choose 3.5 but 3 seems too low)

Plot: Charlie writes a series of letters throughout the course of his freshman year of high school, where he explores himself, friendships, relationships, and the strength of his family. This book touches on many issues that teenagers face, some of which get ignored or hushed up because they're controversial.

My Thoughts: I liked it. Then I hated it. Then I decided, "You know what? I'm not going to read this. Why should I read a book I don't like? Just because it's popular doesn't mean I have to like or read it." Then I went to work and opened my Kindle up to this book and decided to give it another go and finished it within a couple of hours. It was a good book, but it wasn't particularly great like I was expecting (thanks, Tumblr). I feel like I can relate to Charlie on so many levels, but at the same time, I don't understand how or why he works the way he does. I think that's kind of the point though. I wish I'd known about this book when I was younger. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim