Sidor

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: In the After by Demitria Lunetta


My Rating: 5 out of 5

Plot: Amy is home alone when They come. It's clear from the beginning that her parents are dead. Surviving only because of her mom's paranoid precautions, Amy adapts to life in the After-- lonely, and absolutely silent, because They have supersonic hearing, and if They hear her, she will die. One day, Amy stumbles across a toddler in the produce aisle of a supermarket while she's scavenging for food. After taking the little girl (who Amy calls "Baby") under her wing, the girls keep each other alive, and look out for one another. It was lonely, but they lived for each other. When Amy and Baby discover a small town of survivors, Amy realizes that there are downfalls to finding civilization, and that not everything in the After is as it seems.

My Thoughts: I won this book in a giveaway from Class of 2k14, and it sat on my shelf for a few weeks before I started to read it. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I wanted to know why it was happening. I was intrigued by the story, and very pleased with the ending. This book is fantastic. It's kind of an easy read, but that makes flying through the pages that much better. The sequel to this book is set to release in June, and I am so excited to see how Amy and Baby's story ends! If you can, pick up this book as soon as possible. You won't regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim