Sidor

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Review: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


My Rating

Goodreads Plot: Two misfits. One extraordinary love. Eleanor... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor. Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park. Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.


My Thoughts: This book was great, but then all of a sudden it wasn't. I really, really enjoyed the story. It was drawn out enough that I got to know the characters well, but not so much that I felt like it was dragging. Eleanor and Park had an adorable relationship. However, I feel like it just ended so abruptly. Which I guess was maybe her point, but I don't understand why it had to happen. And why Eleanor just ignored Park like that after the way she felt about him. That aside, it was a great book. Richie scared the junk out of me, and I really felt for Eleanor and her family. I hope this book becomes a movie, because it was really a lot of fun to read overall. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim