Sidor

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth




My ratings: Divergent: 4.5; Insurgent: 5; Allegiant: 4.5; Overall: 4.5
Spoiler-free plot: Beatrice learns that she is Divergent, and that Divergent is very dangerous. When a government official decides to do something about these Divergent citizens, things happen. Vague inserty stuff because I can’t actually really say anything that happens after this without giving anything away so yupp.
My opinion: Before reading this series, I wasn’t sure if I liked dystopian books, or mainstream literature. Apparently, I do. These books are incredible. Roth writes so well that you forget you’re reading a book. It feels so real, and maybe because it could happen some day. I was reading at the speed of light whenever I picked the book up to read, but I also put off finishing the series because it was so good and I was so attached and I didn’t want it to end. These books are phenomenal. Now we can only hope the movies don’t screw them up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim