Sidor

Friday, April 18, 2014

Review: Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Plot: Cole Matthews, a troubled teenager, has a choice-- jail, or a year alone on a remote island in Alaska. When Cole is first left on the island, he burns down the hut that was built for him, along with his supplies, and tries to fight the legendary Spirit Bear, which basically tears him to shreds. After recovering in a hospital, he goes back to the island, set on changing his life for the better after being given a second chance at life.

My Thoughts: This book is great. I read it in middle school and I didn't really get it, but reading it again made me enjoy and understand it a lot more. I think this is a great coming-of-age book, and there are lessons to be learned about anger and trust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim