Sidor

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Plot: Susie Salmon is raped and murdered, and when she goes to Heaven, she sees how her loved ones (and her murderer) cope with her death, while coming to terms with her own fate.

My Thoughts: This book was phenomenal. I like that it wasn't your usual murder-mystery point of view, and I thought it was interesting how you could feel the passage of time through the narration. At first it was slow, with every detail, and then it got faster and skipped days and months and then years, kind of like what happens when someone dies and you grieve them. I spent weeks reading this because because I didn't want it to end. This book was so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim