Sidor

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Book Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover [SPOILERS]


My Rating: ★★★★★

Genre(s): New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Plot: When Sydney learns that her boyfriend is cheating on her with her best friend/roommate, her seemingly great life is shattered. Homeless with no where else to go, Sydney is offered the spare bedroom in the apartment across the way from hers, where she is forced into close quarters with Ridge, her musically talented, attractive neighbor. Connected by something neither of them can ignore, their musical collaboration turns into something much more complicated, leaving them both confused and wanting more than just music to happen between them.

Pros:
  • Ridge is Deaf and I totally did not see that coming.
  • This book game me all the feels. All of them.
  • The sex scenes weren't graphic.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I'm a sucker or multiple points of view.
  • Relationships are complicated. The relationships in this book are complicated. It's just so real.
  • She learns ASL for him awwww.
  • He spoke for her!
  • She doesn't go back to her dickwad boyfriend.
  • This book comes with its own soundtrack. How fricking cool is that?
Cons:
  • Poor Maggie. But at the same time, not poor Maggie.
  • I didn't want it to end, and it ended.
Favorite Quotes: 
  • “You should take note that simply because a girl makes your dick hard, that doesn't mean you have to go shove it inside her.” 
  • “Sometimes in life, we need a few bad days in order to keep the good ones in perspective.”
  • “A life of mediocrity is a waste of a life.”
  • “Nothing in my life has ever felt so good yet hurt so achingly bad.” 
  • “Kisses like his should come with a warning label. They can't be good for the heart.”
  • “Truths are written, never said... Lines are drawn, but then they fade.” 
My Thoughts: I loved this book. So much. I think I read it in about 12 hours (that's really fast for me), and the second I finished reading it, I picked up the sequel and read that too! It was so great and the characters were so perfect. I couldn't decide who I was rooting for, and in the end I was so glad that Maggie found out and was able to let Ridge go-- and that Ridge was able to let himself go. I liked that their connection was deeper than music, and I  loved that the book came with its own soundtrack. Seriously. The best book I've read in a really long time. There is so much that I can say about this book, but UGH it's just so amazing.

Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
Colleen Hoover

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lovingly designed by Tasnim